Documents or Resources
HOW TO USE
- Ensure work surfaces are protected as spillages can be difficult to remove, particularly for sensitive surfaces like fabrics. Then, check the materials to be bonded are dry, clean, and free from dust and grease.
- Always point the bottle away from you when opening and don’t squeeze.
- Remove the cap by unscrewing it. The super glue bottle is then ready to use.
- Avoiding skin contact, apply a small amount of Bostik Super Glue Easy Flow to one surface.
- Press the two surfaces together and hold for a few seconds until the glue sets.
- After use, wipe the nozzle with a cloth and replace the cap. Store the bottle upright to avoid accidental spillages.
HOW TO REMOVE SUPER GLUE
Had an accident and wondering ‘what removes super glue?’. It’s reassuring to know that most super glues can be difficult to remove as they have good resistance to most oils and solvents, which gives them their ultra strong and long-lasting properties.
As a rule, acetone or rubbing alcohol can very slowly soften set super glue to help remove it. This substance is extremely flammable so take extreme caution with use and follow the product’s instructions. As with all solvents, the acetone should be tested first on a small area.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Bostik’s Super Glue Easy Flow, Super Glue Liquid and Super Glue Non-Drip Gel are all made of ethyl cyanoacrylate. Cyanoacrylate is an acrylic resin that cures almost instantly. The fast-setting, ultra strong and colourless properties of our super glue formulas make them perfect for day-to-day household uses in repair or DIY projects.
A super glue liquid has a low viscosity, meaning the liquid flows easily. This type of formula is great for filling horizontal surface cracks and fractures where the adhesive can flow into the cracks. We have three types available: Super Glue Liquid, Super Glue Easy Flow and Fix & Glue Liquid.
A super glue gel has a higher viscosity, making it less 'runny' and less likely to drip. Gels are ideal for vertical application and for porous surfaces and tend to be easier to apply as they are harder to spill. We have two types available: Super Glue Non-Drip Gel and Fix & Glue Gel.
Yes, all Bostik super glues remain highly effective providing a strong, long-lasting bond in the cold, including temperatures as low as -20°C.
All Bostik super glues are non-flammable meaning they do not readily catch fire and do not burn easily.
Yes, all Bostik super glues are heat resistant up to +80°C.
Safety warning: Persistent heat may affect the strength and longevity of the bond and therefore should be avoided.
All Bostik super glues are not waterproof and therefore we cannot recommend that they are safe for use in or around water.
Fix & Glue Gel and Fix & Glue Liquid are water-resistant meaning water has minimal effect on them, although we do not recommend using them in water-related projects.
How to remove super glue from skin
Discover how to remove super glue from skin with our simple step-by-step guide
How to remove super glue from clothes
Discover how to remove super glue from clothes with Bostik’s simple step-by-step guide. Easily dissolve the super glue to make your clothes as good as new again