Documents or Resources
Technical Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
HOW TO USE
For best results, ensure surfaces are dry, clean and free from dust and grease
- If using Bostik Soft Plastics Clear Glue on rubber products, lightly roughen the surface to be repaired using a fine grade sandpaper.
- If required, use a piece of the PVC repair patch provided.
- Spread an even film of adhesive onto both surfaces.
- Leave until almost dry (about 5 to 10 minutes) then press both surfaces together firmly until bonded.
- Replace cap immediately after use to prevent the adhesive becoming unusable.
- Maximum bond strength is achieved after approximately 48 hours.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I prepare the surfaces to be glued?
Before applying glue, ensure that all surfaces are of sound nature and clean, dry and free from dust, grease or any other contamination.
There is glue on my fingers and I can't remove it, what should I do?
Rinse your fingers immediately with plenty of warm soapy water and do not pull on the skin that has been glued. If glue remains after using warm soapy water, it will often de-bond within a couple of days due to general wear and tear and the natural oils in the skin. If skin irritation occurs, consult a doctor.
What is the shelf life of the adhesive I have bought and where can I store it?
The shelf life of adhesives varies from product to product, but typically ranges between one and two years from the date of manufacture when unopened and stored correctly in dry conditions - usually between +5°C and +25°C. Once opened, the life of the product will be more limited – this is dictated by variables including the type of adhesive, how it is stored, and how much adhesive is left unused. For more information, refer to the product’s Technical Data Sheet.