FIX & FLASH
Our best UV activated glue to bond 99.9% of materials
Bostik Fix & Flash is our latest innovation, ultraviolet activated glue (UV activated glue). It's designed to bond 99.9% of materials, sticking to almost anything - even between opaque materials.
Our innovative light activated glue offers flexibility whilst retaining its strong adhesive quality. Fix & Flash UV activated glue does not set until you shine the light, so that you can position and reposition until you're happy.
- Innovative, ultraviolet light activated glue
- Repositionable until you shine the light to set the glue
- Clean, safe and easy-to-use
- Works on 99.9% of materials, including opaque surfaces
- Semi-flexible to resist knocks and drops
- Water-resistant, shock-proof, and withstands extreme temperatures (-20°C to +80°C)
- Odourless, clear, non-yellowing formula
Use our UV activated glue to become a #REPAIRHERO. Easily fix lamps, shoes, furniture, toys, glasses, mugs, and more. Don’t bin it, fix it!
Documents or Resources
Technical Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
The file is stored on an external website, please follow the linkDownload
HOW TO USE
Bostik Fix & Flash works on most materials including porcelain, ceramics, glass, mirrors, leather, wood, paper, card, metal, fabrics, hard plastic, concrete, brick and much more.
- The surfaces must be clean, dry and free from any dust and grease.
- Before first use, screw the nozzle onto the tube and remove the cap.
- Apply a small amount of glue to create a continuous bead along the edges of the object.
- You have time to reposition your objects before you shine the light to set the glue.
- When you are happy with the position, hold the object(s) in place for 3 seconds to create the initial bond.
- Switch on the light and shine it around the edge for 15 seconds, ensuring you shine the light on all areas the glue was applied.
- Clean the nozzle after each use and screw the cap on tightly.
- Once the glue is dry, you can sand it or paint it. Gently sand the edges of the glue until the desired effect is achieved. Then, with a fine paintbrush, paint the area you wish to cover.
IDEAS & INSPIRATION
HOW TO REMOVE FIX & FLASH GLUE
To remove Fix & Flash glue that has been freshly applied, you can use acetone - test on a small area first to assess suitability. If the Fix & Flash glue has dried, it must be mechanically removed e.g. sanding.
Product will last 12 months if stored unopened in original packaging at +20°C. Once opened, the product will last for several months if stored vertically, away from light, frost and moisture.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
UV activated glue is a type of adhesive that requires a photo-chemical reaction for curing.
Exposure to the ultraviolet rays changes the molecular structure of the glue, allowing it to cross-link and produce a more solid structure. This solid molecular structure creates a strong, immediate bond, ensuring your object is firmly fixed in place.
Fix & Flash utilises UV rays to overcome the activation energy needed to create a strong molecular structure which gives you a strong, adhesive bond. This process takes just 15 seconds!
For traditional glues to create a firm bond, they must dry naturally which can require a longer period of time or exposure to heat to reduce the drying time.
Plus, with traditional glues, you do not have as much flexibility to position and re-position your object. With Fix & Flash, you can apply the glue but only set your object in place once you’re happy it’s in the perfect position.
Bostik Fix & Flash is sold in-store and online. You can buy our UV activated glue on Amazon and in-store at a number of major retailer. See our list of stockists.
Fix & Flash can be used on 99.9% of materials including wood, ceramic, glass, plastic, and more.
Fix & Flash UV activated glue is also water resistant and can resist temperatures from as low as -20 degrees Celsius and up to 80 degrees Celsius.
Before applying glue, ensure that all surfaces are of sound nature and clean, dry and free from dust, grease or any other contamination.
Rinse your fingers immediately with plenty of warm soapy water and do not pull on the skin that has been glued. If glue remains after using warm soapy water, it will often de-bond within a couple of days due to general wear and tear and the natural oils in the skin. If skin irritation occurs, consult a doctor.
The shelf life of adhesives varies from product to product, but typically ranges between one and two years from the date of manufacture when unopened and stored correctly in dry conditions - usually between +5°C and +25°C. Once opened, the life of the product will be more limited – this is dictated by variables including the type of adhesive, how it is stored, and how much adhesive is left unused. For more information, refer to the product’s Technical Data Sheet.
How to create a bohemian advent calendar
Create your own Bohemian advent calendar with Bostik Fix & Flash glue
How to create a natural Christmas wreath at home
Create your own Christmas wreath with Bostik Fix & Flash glue
How to create a gold sun mirror
Create your own sun mirror with Bostik Fix & Flash glue to brighten your home!
6 steps to create a floral candle holder for Christmas
Create your own floral candleholder for Christmas with Bostik Fix & Flash glue
How to create a bohemian pendant light
Follow this tutorial to create a beautiful linen pendant lamp with Bostik Fix & Flash glue
How to make a DIY cake stand and vase at home
Create your own cake stand and vase for a party table with Bostik Fix & Flash glue