BLITS STIK SUPER GLUE GEL
A super strong, instant bond GEL repair adhesive.
Bostik Super Glue Gel formula is non-drip, ideal for application to vertical surfaces, porous surfaces and those that are not so well mated. The packaging design allows for precision application of the adhesive to small parts. Ideal for instant DIY repair work in and around the home such as, repairing of figurines, costume jewelry, and toys. It is ideal for handicraft applications and gluing of small parts where clamping is not possible, or parts that do not fit perfectly flush together. Can be used for minor repairs in the car such as a loose rear view mirror or cracked tail light. It can be used as a thread lock adhesive to prevent loosening of bolts. It is safe for using in aquariums for fixing of rocks and corals. Use also as a ‘temporary fix’ to hold things in place.
Not suitable for plastics such as polyethylene, polypropylene and Teflon. Not suitable for paper, fabrics, glass containing a high alkali content, and expanded rubbers. Not suitable for use in dishwasher, oven or microwave.
Documents or Resources
HOW TO USE
- Ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free of dust.
- Open the tube by screwing the nozzle down to break the seal.
- Apply one drop or smallest amount possible to one surface only. A thin glue film gives the strongest bond. Do not spread.
- Press both surfaces together, wipe off excess with cloth, making sure that both substrates are well matched and tight fitting.
- Keep pressed or hold together for at least 30 seconds. DO NOT MOVE OR REPOSITION glued joint as this may impair final bond. Setting time is affected by the nature of the substrate, ambient humidity, and temperature. Cold weather and condition of low humidity will retard setting time.
- The glued item may be handled after 10 minutes, however maximum bond strength if achieved after 12 hours.
- After completion of job, wipe tip of plastic nozzle, replace cap tightly and store in a cool upright position.
- To avoid adhesive whitening/blooming (caused by uncured super glue), always apply the smallest amount of glue, do not apply in hot temperatures or high humidity, and ensure a good airflow over the parts while assembling.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I REMOVE GLUE FROM MY FINGERS?
Rinse your fingers immediately with plenty of warm soapy water and do not pull on the skin that has been glued. If glue remains after using warm soapy water, it will often de-bond within a couple of days due to general wear and tear and the natural oils in the skin. If skin irritation occurs, consult a doctor.
HOW DO I PREPARE THE SURFACES TO BE GLUED?
Before applying glue, ensure that all surfaces are of sound nature and clean, dry and free from dust, grease or any other contamination.
HOW DO I STORE SUPER GLUE?
We recommend storing in a refrigerator to lengthen the shelf life. Refrigerated packaging should be allowed to return to room temperature prior to use.