Documents or Resources
HOW TO USE
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from all loose materials, dust, dirt, oil, rust and any other contaminants. Joints must be close fitting. Deburr both inner and outer surfaces to be bonded. Lightly abrade the surfaces to be bonded with sandpaper and degrease with a suitable solvent such as acetone or thinners. Poor surface preparation may result in bond failure.
- Apply adhesive to both surfaces i.e. pipe and fitting.
- Push the two parts to the full depth of the joint without twisting.
- Hold for 1 minute and clean off excess adhesive.
- Allow 30 minutes before handling. Allow 4 hours before putting into service for low pressure applications, and 24 hours for high pressure applications.
- Setting times may be slower in cold conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
I NEED MORE TECHNICAL ADVICE ON THIS PRODUCT?
Please call our Sticky Questions toll free helpline during office hours on 0800 222 400.
HOW DO I CLEAN MY APPLICATOR TOOLS?
Wet and dried adhesive on applicator tools can be cleaned with acetone, thinners or parrafin. Please refer to the Technical Data Sheet of the specific product for more information.
HOW DO I STORE MY ADHESIVE?
Most adhesives have a shelf life of at least 12 months if stored in a cool (below 25°C), dry place in its original moisture-tight container. If the material is kept beyond the recommended shelf life, it is not necessarily unusable, but a check should be performed to observe whether the product is still workable, apply-able and uncured.