Documents or Resources
HOW TO USE
- Fit the metal stand onto the front of the gun in the slots by the nozzle
- Load a Bostik Handy Hot Melt Glue Stick through the grip ring at the rear of the gun
- Press the trigger several times until the stick is positioned firmly in the gun
- Plug in the gun and a light will come on at the rear to indicate that it is in operation
- Rest the gun on its stand and allow to warm up for approximately 5 minutes
- Ensure surfaces to be bonded are clean and dry
- Press trigger until adhesive flows from nozzle. To ensure a continuous flow of glue, insert further glue sticks into the rear of the gun and wait a few minutes until the stick has heated to the correct temperature. DO NOT FORCE THE TRIGGER.
- Apply adhesive to one surface. Press surfaces together within 15 seconds. Use of clamp or other holding device is not necessary.
- Unplug gun when finished and allow to cool before storing. Surplus glue stick may be trimmed off using a sharp knife. Do not pull glue sticks from the back of the gun as damage may occur.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the shelf life of the adhesive I have bought and where can I store it?
The shelf life of adhesives varies from product to product, but typically ranges between one and two years from the date of manufacture when unopened and stored correctly in dry conditions - usually between +5°C and +25°C. Once opened, the life of the product will be more limited – this is dictated by variables including the type of adhesive, how it is stored, and how much adhesive is left unused. For more information, refer to the product’s Technical Data Sheet.