Documents or Resources
HOW TO USE
For best results, ensure surfaces are dry, clean and free from dust and grease.
- Carefully load a Bostik DIY Hot Melt Glue Stick through the grip ring in the rear of the gun.
- Press the trigger several times until the stick is positioned firmly in the gun. Do not use excessive pressure.
- Plug in the gun. The light at the back of the gun will show that the gun is in operation.
- Rest the gun on its stand and allow the gun to warm up for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Gently press the trigger until the adhesive flows from the nozzle.
- Press the surfaces together and apply as much pressure as is practical and allow to dry.
- To ensure a continuous flow of glue, insert further glue sticks into the rear of the gun, and wait for a few minutes until the stick has heated to the correct temperature.
- Unplug the gun when finished and allow to cool before storing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I prepare the surfaces to be glued?
Before applying glue, ensure that all surfaces are of sound nature and clean, dry and free from dust, grease or any other contamination.
There is glue on my fingers and I can't remove it, what should I do?
Rinse your fingers immediately with plenty of warm soapy water and do not pull on the skin that has been glued. If glue remains after using warm soapy water, it will often de-bond within a couple of days due to general wear and tear and the natural oils in the skin. If skin irritation occurs, consult a doctor.
What is the shelf life of the adhesive I have bought and where can I store it?
The shelf life of adhesives varies from product to product, but typically ranges between one and two years from the date of manufacture when unopened and stored correctly in dry conditions - usually between +5°C and +25°C. Once opened, the life of the product will be more limited – this is dictated by variables including the type of adhesive, how it is stored, and how much adhesive is left unused. For more information, refer to the product’s Technical Data Sheet.