Super glue is a fast-bonding and strong repair adhesive, but if you get the glue on your fingers, it can be hard to get it off. Just follow our step-by-step guide to remove super glue from skin.
With our simple guide, it’s easy to remove super glue from skin
If we decide to repair something when we’re in a rush, we don’t always prepare for jobs as well as we should do and we sometimes neglect to follow all the correct steps. We might get our broken item glued – but also our fingers.
Picture the scene, you’re rushing to make dinner after work and you see that the handle on your kitchen cupboard is coming loose. No problem, you think, you’ve got just the glue to sort that out. You grab your Bostik Super Glue and quickly get to work. The handle is as good as new. But as you tidy up, you realise that in your haste you managed to get some glue on your fingers.
How to remove super glue from skin – a step-by-step guide
Step 1: Soak it
Soak the affected area in warm, soapy water for a few minutes. After that, gently scrub with a nail brush or similar. Then rinse and dry your hands. The glue should start to peel away from the skin. Gently attempt to lift it off, stopping straight away if it hurts.
Step 2: Oil it
The next day, if some super glue is still on your skin, apply a mild food oil such as olive oil to a folded piece of kitchen paper or a cotton pad and gently rub it against the affected area. Then wash and dry your hands.
Everything you need to remove super glue from skin
- Warm soapy water
- A hand towel
- A mild food oil, such as olive oil
- Kitchen paper or cotton pads
Check out our article on removing super glue from clothing here.
Glue it right
How to use Bostik Super Glue Liquid without little accidents
- Start with a protected work surface. You may also want to use an apron and rubber gloves
- Ensure that the surfaces to be glued are dry, clean and free from dust and grease
- Ensure the tube is held upright and pointing away from you
- Avoiding skin contact, apply a small amount of Bostik Super Glue Liquid to one surface only
- Bring the two surfaces together and hold firmly for approximately 30 seconds
- Replace the cap firmly after use