Documents or Resources
HOW TO USE
Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free of loose materials, dust, grease, rust and other contaminants. Use masking tape to get a clean, even sealant line and to eliminate cleaning difficulties on porous surfaces. Remove tape before sealant skins.
- Remove the cap and pierce seal with reverse side of cap.
- Cut the nozzle to desired bead size and screw onto tube.
- Apply silicone at a slight angle in a continuous bead to the prepared joint.
- After use, remove the nozzle, wipe clear and replace the cap firmly.
- Cut the tip off the cartridge and screw on the nozzle.
- Cut the tip of the nozzle at an angle to achieve the desired bead size.
- Apply with a caulking gun in a continuous bead to the prepared joint.
- Remove unwanted silicone immediately.
- Smooth down after application within 3-5 min before skin formation occurs, by using a flat or rounded tool. Sealant dries to touch in approximately 45 minutes and reaches full cure after approximately 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
To maximize the shelf life of an opened silicone cartridge, we recommend that the nozzle be removed and a piece of plastic placed over the cartridge tip after which the nozzle must be screwed back on. A large screw inserted into the nozzle tip also helps to extend the life. Store in a cool environment.
Stuck in a rut and not sure which sealant is suitable for your application? Call our Sticky Questions Helpline during office hours on 0800 222 400 for technical support.
Uncured silicone can be removed from the hands or tools using a clean solvent soaked cloth, e.g. turpentine or paraffin. If removing uncured silicone from clothing, check fabric colour fastness before applying solvents.