Documents or Resources
HOW TO USE
- Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free of loose materials, dust, grease, rust and other contaminants.
- Remove the cap and pierce seal with reverse side of cap.
- Cut the nozzle to desired bead size and screw onto tube.
- Apply silicone at a slight angle in a continuous bead to the prepared joint.
- After use, remove the nozzle, wipe clear and replace the cap firmly.
- Remove unwanted silicone immediately.
- Smooth down after application before skin formation occurs, by using a flat or rounded tool.
- Sealant skins in 15 minutes, dries to touch in 1 hour and reaches full cure after approximately 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I USE ALCOHOL TO CLEAN SILICONE?
No. Alcohol based cleaners should not be used for cleaning surfaces as alcohol inhibits the cure of silicones. Soaps or detergents used to clean the surface must be rinsed away thoroughly with clean water to ensure that all traces of the soaps are removed before sealing.
HOW DO I REMOVE UNCURED SILICONE?
Uncured silicone can be removed from the hands or tools using a clean solvent soaked cloth, e.g. turpentine or paraffin. If removing uncured silicone from clothing, check fabric colour fastness before applying solvents.
HOW DO I REMOVE CURED SILICONE?
Cured sealant must be removed mechanically with a sharp knife or chemically with Bostik Silicone Stripper. Always test on a small surface first.