Documents or Resources
HOW TO USE
Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from all loose materials, dust, dirt, oil, rust and any other contaminants. For improved adhesion, surfaces should be lightly abraded and then wiped with a solvent such as acetone.
Wet stick method
- Spread an even film of adhesive onto both surfaces. If required, use the PVC patch provided.
- Leave the surfaces open for approximately 5 minutes, until almost dry.
- Bring surfaces together firmly until bonded. If necessary, hold together with a clamp or tape.
- Full strength develops after 24 hours.
Dry stick method
- This application method achieves the strongest and fastest bond. It is ideal for heavy duty repairs or when an initial high bond strength is required.
- Spread an even film of adhesive onto both surfaces. Allow to dry completely.
- Re-activate the glue by applying a suitable heat source over the surfaces, e.g. a hairdryer.
- Once the surfaces are very hot, bring together and press firmly to ensure good contact for about 2 minutes.
- Depending on application, object may be handled immediately. Full strength develops after 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I CLEAN MY APPLICATOR TOOLS?
Wet and dried adhesive on applicator tools can be cleaned with acetone, thinners or parrafin. Please refer to the Technical Data Sheet of the specific product for more information.
HOW DO I PREPARE THE SURFACES TO BE GLUED?
Before applying glue, ensure that all surfaces are of sound nature and clean, dry and free from dust, grease or any other contamination.
HOW DO I REMOVE GLUE FROM MY FINGERS?
Rinse your fingers immediately with plenty of warm soapy water and do not pull on the skin that has been glued. If glue remains after using warm soapy water, it will often de-bond within a couple of days due to general wear and tear and the natural oils in the skin. If skin irritation occurs, consult a doctor.