Bostik Philippines, Inc. (Bostik) values every individual’s right to privacy in accordance with data privacy and protection laws. Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to keep the trust of our employees, customers and business partners who share any personal information with us.
WHEN AND WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information is any data that can be used to determine an individual’s identity. We may collect your personal and/or sensitive personal information when you visit or use our website, interact with us or purchase or products including but not limited to:
- When you sign up to our newsletter;
- When you accomplish surveys;
- When you ask us a question or send an e-mail;
- When you participate in any of our marketing activities;
- When sign up for and/or participate in our marketing programs or promotions; and
- When you communicate with our customer service.
Further to the foregoing, we collect the following personal information through your voluntary disclosure and with your express consent:
- Postal address;
- E-mail address;
- Contact number;
- Usernames in social media accounts;
- Business address;
- Specimen signature;
- Government issued identification cards; and
- Other personal information you choose to disclose to us.
Using this website, we also implement automated methods in collecting personal information that your device transmits to us called Log Data. This may include the following:
- Computer’s internet protocol (“IP”) address;
- Name of Operating System;
- Name and version of Browser used;
- Pages of our website or Mobile App that you visit;
- The time and date of your visit;
- The time spent on those pages; and
- Other relevant statistics
The above enumerated information allows us to improve our website and services to improve the overall experience of our users.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process your personal information only with your consent and for the following purposes:
- To perform our obligations to you, including but not limited to:
- Responding to your queries;
- Sending important notices or announcements regarding purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- Promotion and implementation of incentives, which includes distribution of rewards and prizes;
- Providing after-sales services, such as customer service and support; and
- Addressing your concerns and meeting your needs.
- To ensure continued services and to protect our legitimate interests, including but not limited to:
- Profile analysis, behavior modeling, analytics, auditing, data analysis, surveys, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications;
- Create, develop and improve our products, services, content and advertising;
- Marketing communications which include promotions, announcements, or advertisements;
- Product research, analysis and improvement;
- Planning, conducting, and evaluating training sessions and capacity-building projects;
- Compliance with relevant laws, regulations, court orders, and other legal requirements; and
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- With your express consent or instructions;
- At the request of the customer;
- To protect our legal interests;
- In compliance with a legal requirement or court order;
- To investigate a possible crime, such as identity theft; and
- In connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of Bostik.
We engage third parties with whom we share your personal and sensitive information for the purpose of performing our services. The sharing of your personal information shall be made subject to compliance with applicable laws and regulations and on a need-to-know basis and in all cases only for legitimate purposes, which may include:
- To facilitate the provision of our products and services;
- To provide the service on our behalf;
- To perform service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our service is being used.
Please be advised third parties engaged by us are prohibited from disclosing or using the shared information for any purpose other than for the performance of the assigned task.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
The Company shall retain your information only until the declared, specific, and legitimate purpose has been achieved or the processing relevant to the purpose has been terminated. However, the Company reserves the right to retain your information when necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, for legitimate business purposes, or when provided by law, which must be in accordance with standards followed by the applicable industry or authorized by the appropriate government agency.
You are afforded certain rights in relation to your Personal Information under the Data Privacy Act of 2012. We would like to ensure we have your full and voluntary consent to continue to collect, use, disclose, and process your personal information for the purposes we have identified. At the same time, we want you to know you have choices and can object or withdraw your consent and/or edit your consent preferences at any time. However, we cannot ensure it will be able to provide fully its products and services if such consent is withdrawn.
If you wish to have access on your Personal Information in our records, or you think such Personal Information we have is incomplete, not up-to-date, or otherwise inaccurate, you may contact our Customer Relation Management through (02) ____-____. In some instances, we may request for supporting documents or proof before we effect any requested changes to your personal information.
- Remember the registration and login details used in our website;
- Recall your settings preferences; and
- Detect the device used and adapt how to present our services and advertisements compatible with the device.
You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies. Should you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website or our services may be limited.
We value your trust in providing us your personal information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. However, no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security, especially when a third party compromises your internet connection. We fully recognize the value of your personal information particularly as it may include sensitive personal information. Appropriately, we strive to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal information by employing administrative, physical, and technical safeguards including the following:
- We train our personnel to properly handle your personal information;
- Whenever we engage other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect personal information aligned with our own security standards;
- We will allow you to update your information securely to keep our records accurate; and
- We implement extensive controls to maintain the security of information and information systems. Information is protected with safeguards according to the sensitivity of the relevant information. Appropriate controls, such as restricted access, are placed on our computer systems. Physical access to areas where Personal Data is processed is limited to authorized personnel.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Should you have concerns questions or matters for clarification with regard to the processing of your information by the Company, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or you may send a written inquiry to 35/F Raffles Corporate Center, F. Ortigas Jr. Road, Ortigas Business Center, Pasig City.