Multipurpose reusable adhesive
Blu Tack® is the original reusable adhesive that provides an ideal alternative to drawing pins and sticky tape, with thousands of uses around the home, office and school environment. It is a permanently plastic, reusable multipurpose adhesive and modelling material that is pliable and non-toxic, making it safe for all the family to mold, stick and play.
It’s formula is a manufacturing secret, but Blu Tack it can be described as a synthetic rubber compound without hazardous properties (under normal conditions). It’s non-carcinogenic, non-soluble and is denser than water.
Documents or Resources
- Blu Tack® is a non-toxic, non-harmful substance and will not cause any problems if swallowed, only mild discomfort. If any discomfort experienced continues, we recommend seeking medical advice
- Blu Tack is proudly made in Australia, since 1971
- Blu Tack® is great for both children and adults, however we advise not giving it to children under the age of three
- 0.5 grams of Blu Tack® will hold an approximate 105 gram load, but Blu Tack® is not designed to hold heavy objects
- To store, pop Blu Tack into a tightly closed container in a dry, cool and well-ventilated location
- Blu Tack® is not tested on animals, nor does it contain ingredients made from animals or byproducts of animals.
- It’s free from food ingredients such as wheat, gluten, flour, eggs or nut products, and starch derived from corn
- If a room or surface conditions are too hot (over 70°C), Blu Tack® will soften and become more difficult to secure items in place
Removing Blu Tack can sometimes be a little more complicated than simply peeling it off. If the paint on your walls is too thin, it may peel off with the Blu Tack, and if the wall surface is at all porous, oils from the adhesive can seep into it. Careful cleaning can generally take care of these stains and leave the walls unblemished.
Have you gotten Blu Tack stuck in your hair? Pour a decent amount of baby oil onto the area where the Blu Tack is stuck. Work the baby oil into the Blu Tack, but don't try and pull it the Blu Tack out yet! Leave the baby oil to soak in for about 5 minutes, then you should be able to pull the Blu Tack out.
Blu Tack® can be used on non-porous surfaces such as glass, metal and plastic, as well as painted surfaces and vinyl coated wallpaper. For best performance, surfaces must be clean and dry, and free from grease or loose materials.
Blu Tack® is also available in a 5 colour pack - pink, green, blue, yellow & orange.
Frequently Asked Questions
Upcycle your toilet/paper towel roll to make this adorable frog on a lilypad
MY NAME IS
Share who you are with a project all about you!
Make our mascot, Gary the Gecko, with Blu Tack Colour
SIMPLE REVERSE PRINTS
Make gorgeous reverse prints using Blu Tack® - perfect for greeting cards and other home décor