Documents or Resources
HOW TO USE
- Ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free of loose materials, dust, grease, rust and other contaminants.
- Soaps or detergents used to clean the surface must be rinsed away thoroughly with clean water to ensure that all traces of the soaps are removed before sealing.
- Use masking tape to get a clean, even sealant line and to eliminate cleaning difficulties on porous surfaces.
- Remove tape after mastic application.
- Cut the tip off the cartridge and screw on the nozzle.
- Cut the tip of the nozzle at an angle to achieve the desired bead size.
- Apply with a caulking gun.
- Apply mastic with either a closed barrel caulking gun, putty knife or spatula.
- Apply the mastic to the surface, and smooth down using a flat or rounded tool.
Clean tools and excess mastic with lacquer thinners or turpentine.
Skin formation takes approximately 4 to 7 days, depending on environmental conditions. High humidity and low temperatures will extend skinning time.
It is recommended that for exposed applications, the mastic be painted with a non-bituminous paint after skin has formed, to prolong the service life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wet and dried adhesive on applicator tools can be cleaned with acetone, thinners or parrafin. Please refer to the Technical Data Sheet of the specific product for more information.
To maximize the shelf life of an opened silicone cartridge, we recommend that the nozzle be removed and a piece of plastic placed over the cartridge tip after which the nozzle must be screwed back on. A large screw inserted into the nozzle tip also helps to extend the life. Store in a cool environment.