Documents or Resources
HOW TO USE
Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free of loose materials, dust, grease, rust and other contaminants. Use masking tape to get a clean, even sealant line and to eliminate cleaning difficulties on porous surfaces. Remove tape before sealant skins.
- Remove the cap and pierce seal with reverse side of cap.
- Cut the nozzle to desired bead size and screw onto tube.
- Apply silicone at a slight angle in a continuous bead to the prepared joint.
- After use, remove the nozzle, wipe clear and replace the cap firmly.
- Cut the tip off the cartridge and screw on the nozzle.
- Cut the tip of the nozzle at an angle to achieve the desired bead size.
- Apply with a caulking gun in a continuous bead to the prepared joint.
- Remove unwanted silicone immediately.
- Smooth down after application within 3-5 min before skin formation occurs, by using a flat or rounded tool.
- Sealant dries to touch in approximately 45 minutes and reaches full cure after approximately 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I STORE MY SILICONE?
To maximize the shelf life of an opened silicone cartridge, we recommend that the nozzle be removed and a piece of plastic placed over the cartridge tip after which the nozzle must be screwed back on. A large screw inserted into the nozzle tip also helps to extend the life. Store in a cool environment.
HOW DO I REMOVE CURED SILICONE?
Cured sealant must be removed mechanically with a sharp knife or chemically with Bostik Silicone Stripper. Always test on a small surface first.
WHICH SEALANT IS THE RIGHT ONE FOR MY APPLICATION?
Stuck in a rut and not sure which sealant is suitable for your application? Call our Sticky Questions Helpline during office hours on 0800 222 400 for technical support.