Documents or Resources
HOW TO USE
- Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free of loose materials, dust, grease, rust and other contaminants.Use backing material when sealing deep cavities. If the area being sealed needs to be painted, ensure that the paint has dried before applying sealant.
- Use masking tape to get a clean, even sealant line and to eliminate cleaning difficulties on porous surfaces.
- Remove tape after silicone application before the sealant skins.
- Cut the tip off the cartridge and screw on the nozzle.
- Cut the tip of the nozzle at an angle to achieve the desired bead size.
- Apply with a caulking gun in a continuous bead to the prepared joint.
- Remove unwanted silicone immediately.
- Smooth down after application within 3-5 min before skin formation occurs, by using a flat or rounded tool.
- Sealant dries to touch in 1 hour and reaches full cure after approximately 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHICH SEALANT IS THE RIGHT ONE FOR MY APPLICATION?
Stuck in a rut and not sure which sealant is suitable for your application? Call our Sticky Questions Helpline during office hours on 0800 222 400 for technical support.
HOW DO I STORE MY SILICONE?
To maximize the shelf life of an opened silicone cartridge, we recommend that the nozzle be removed and a piece of plastic placed over the cartridge tip after which the nozzle must be screwed back on. A large screw inserted into the nozzle tip also helps to extend the life. Store in a cool environment.
I NEED MORE TECHNICAL ADVICE ON THIS PRODUCT?
Please call our Sticky Questions toll free helpline during office hours on 0800 222 400.